When it comes to our homes, we do all we can to make them beautiful and infuse them with as much positive energy as possible. We all enjoy new plants and strive to fill the open spaces in our front yards and backyards with them. Plants are adored not just for the various benefits they offer, but also for the rejuvenating aura they emit.
Money plant is an indoor and outdoor plant that, according to Vastu and Feng Shui, can be kept anywhere to bring prosperity and wealth into the home. One of the most popular houseplants is the money plant in home. It's easy to find it indoors in homes, workplaces, cafes, and stores, as well as on your balcony or in a hanging basket that welcomes visitors.
Growing Money Plant in Pots, Indoors at Home
If you are thinking about how to plant money plant, we have got a solution for you.
Money plants can be propagated easily by cuttings. Place the cuttings in a small bottle or jar filled with water for a couple of weeks while rising from the cutting technique. Transplant into the desired container once the roots have grown. This process aids the plant's faster and healthier growth. Different types of money plants can be grown in different ways.
The name money plant comes from the idea that it brings good fortune to the home where it grows. Pothos, Devil's ivy, Silver wine, and other names have been given to it. Happiness is symbolized by the green waxy heart-shaped leaves. Money Plants are usually kept in the house's southeast corner.
- To begin, take cuttings from safe, high-quality plants. Those with at least two or three nodes, in particular. Remove any old leaves and shorten any long roots before planting.
- In the meantime, pick a pot for the tomato. You can truly use any sort of vessel, including one from your old kitchen cabinet set.
- Then apply fresh water to the pot and a few drops of organic liquid fertilizer.
- Place the cuttings in the pot gently, and your lucky plant is ready to go. Hold it in a comfortable position in your home, ideally by the walls.
Taking care of your plant will help you if you are thinking about how to grow money plant faster.
Secrets to growing a bushy and healthy money plant
The money plant scientific name is Pothos. Money plants, in contrast to other indoor plants, have a longer lifespan and can grow in almost any climate. It is a supremely beautiful plant due to its bright green colour, polished leaves, and growth pattern. We will help you with some tricks about how to grow money plant.
Do you know what is a money plant? Pothos or money plant is a creeper that is suitable for hanging indoor plants and can be used to decorate balconies, windows, walls, and other areas. We have some suggestions to help you develop a fuller and bushier money plant. The beautiful money plant leaf and vines are a breathtaking sight to uplift the mood of your home.
It's all about supplying the necessary support to the plants, such as nutrients and water. Compost, when combined with fertilisers such as seaweed solution, can replenish the soil with nutrients that have been lost over time. If the cutting is held in water, do not use any fertiliser because it will encourage fungal growth. Simply change the tap water on a regular basis (7-10 days)
Photosynthesis, the mechanism by which plants make their food, is driven by light. Even though they can be grown in low light, they will grow faster and have brighter leaves if they are exposed to bright sunlight. Money plant uses toxic air and purifies it in this process.
Browning of the tips, which suggests infrequent watering, is a common problem with money plants. Do the sticky test to see when it's time to water. If soil sticks to your fingers, it's sticky and doesn't need to be watered. Allow the soil to dry before watering; when the soil feels powdery, it's time to drink. Be sure to water properly before the water runs out of the drainage hole at the bottom.
Pruning has long been a part of gardening maintenance. It aids in the stimulation of healthier growth as well as the removal of dead leaves and branches on occasion. Clipping the ends of your pothos plant encourages side growth and gives the plant a bushier, heavier appearance.
Different Types of Money Plants
This popular house plant can grow in a wide range of climates. There are different types of money plants that you can find in India. The following section will discuss money plant varieties in the country.
Golden Money Plant
Golden pothos or Devil's ivy are other names for this herb. The vibrant leaves are lovely, with golden or yellow splashes. They can be used to draw lines on walls. They're also stunning in hanging pots in gardens and balconies. These plants are extremely hardy and difficult to kill. Even in the absence of light, they can grow and stay green.
Split Leaf Money Plant
This is a large-leaf money plant variety. It's a fast-growing, drought-tolerant houseplant that can thrive in low light. It has broad leaves with a lobate structure. When it begins to grow, you must be cautious because it will begin to take nutrients from other plants in your garden.
Marble Queen Money Plant
The leaves of the marble king plant are distinguished from those of the marble queen by their distinct white and green colours. If you want to keep a plant indoors, marble king is a good choice because the variegated patterns on the leaves will add a nice touch to your decor.
Silver Money Plant
The silver is also known as satin pothos and is known for its variegation and exquisite foliage. With the shimmery silver colour patterns over green leaves, these plants are stunning. They thrive in indirect sunlight, making them ideal for indoor cultivation. You should hold these pothos plants in hanging pots near windows because they look best when they are dangling from the containers.
Health Benefits of Money Plant
Money plants have a plethora of physical and mental health benefits. The money plant benefits are innumerable to be counted. There are various money plant ideas and types to turn around the way you vibe indoors. Here are some of the advantages of money plants:
Money plants add value to a safe lifestyle by eliminating contaminants including benzene, carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and xylene from indoor air. The air in a room with a money plant is said to
have more oxygen, which makes breathing easier.
Stress and anxiety are reduced.
Having a money plant at home energizes and relieves tension in people. It helps avoid arguments, reduces anxiety & sleeping disorders.
Has health advantages
Keeping a money plant near the WiFi router will help keep children at home from being ill and elder family members from experiencing heartbreak.
It is a symbol of wealth and good fortune
Each of the money plant's five leaves represents one of Feng Shui's five elements: earth, water, fire, metal, and wood. These elements have the ability to draw wealth into one's life.
Helps to prevent Sick Building Syndrome.
By removing harmful energy from the environment, a money plant may help to alleviate the symptoms of Sick Building Syndrome.
The money plant-benefits of a home refreshing indoor plant
Prevents marital issues
Money plants should be kept indoors in the south-east direction, according to Vastu and Feng Shui. It keeps marital issues at bay by maintaining harmony and a safe atmosphere at home. It is also said to ward off bad luck and bring good fortune and prosperity to the house's owners.
Heal's shattered relationships
The heart-shaped leaves of the money plant bear passion, laughter, and happiness to the family. It also aids in the repair of fractured relationships and the strengthening of family bonds.
It has anti-radiation properties
Inside our homes and offices, money plants serve as an anti-radiator. It reduces the amount of radiation released by electronic devices such as computers, cellphones, and laptops.
Aids in the cleaning of aquarium water
Money plants in aquariums remove nitrates from the water, which are toxic to fish and other aquatic animals.
Encourages others to be positive
The green money plant disperses positive energy in the house and aids in the prevention of disease.
Money Plant For Good Luck & Wealth
Money plant is one of the best purifiers of air contaminated by modern furnishings made of synthetic materials and cleaning chemicals, according to Feng Shui principles. By filtering air and the oxygen inflow, it energises the house. Its air-purifying capabilities have also been approved by NASA. Be it a money plant in bottle or container, it will have its own benefits.
Money Plant (also known as Feng Shui Money Tree) is used in the Wealth and Money Bagua region to maximise the energy of wealth and prosperity, according to Feng Shui (Southeast). The Southeast area of your home or office is associated with money, financial prosperity, and abundance in feng shui. This is the conventional or classical Feng shui method of defining your money location.
When keeping a money plant in your home or office, place it in the southeast corner of the building, which is the wealth corner. The money plant climber is the best way to attract fortune.
Your house (or office/business) will attract and retain the energy of wealth and money when your Vastu/Feng shui money area has the right energy. This will undoubtedly manifest itself in your life.
Incorporate the Feng Shui elements of Wood, Water, and Earth into your Money area home or office decor. Money plants, lucky bamboo, peace lily, syngoniums, anthuriums, and jades can be placed in the wealth region to stimulate financial energies and bring good luck.
To eliminate negative energy from your home, make sure to get rid of broken or non-working items, as well as clutter. You can also look at a money plant picture and decide if it is a perfect fit for your place.
Interesting Things to Know About Money Plant Placement
It is said that holding a money plant near the north entrance attracts new sources of income and numerous job opportunities for the residents. It brings good fortune into the home.
- The plant should be placed in the south-east corner of the room or home. According to Vastu, Lord Ganesha owns the southeast track, which is also the direction of the planet Venus.
- Money plants should never be placed in the east-west direction of the house or space, as this is a recipe for disaster. It could cause financial difficulties, as well as disagreements and messy moments for married couples.
- According to Feng Shui, the south-east region, also known as Bagua, is associated with financial stability and abundance. Money is said to be held in the south-east corner of the building, which is why planting a money plant in this direction is said to help attract wealth.
- Money Plant thrives best when grown inside rather than outside the home. It can also be grown in a bottle or a small container. If you have a money plant outside, make sure it is kept out of direct sunlight. Make sure that the money plant direction is apt and accurate.
- Place the money plant away from any red-colored products or on red-colored surfaces. In reality, keep your money plant away from the kitchen. Placing your plant near these items may detract from the good fortune and prosperity that the money plant brings.
How To Take Care Of Money Plants
It's easy to look after a money farm. A properly cared for money plant can reach a height of 12 feet. If this plant is given proper care, it will grow to be around 7 feet tall. It's a perfect plant to get started with if you're new to gardening. We are here to answer your question regarding how to take care of money plant.
- Money plant necessitates well-drained soil. As a result, river sand and regular potting soil can be combined. Sand provides excellent aeration and drainage for plants, allowing them to thrive. Potting soil with a high pearlite content is also an option (which is also used for cacti plants).
- Money plant is an unusual plant in that it can flourish when properly watered or submerged. Under-watering is fine, but over-watering can be harmful to the plant's growth. Watering a money plant once every seven to ten days is ideal for the summer season because the soil must dry in watering sessions.
- Money plant thrives in direct sunlight in the backyard, indoors, and under low light conditions. Money plants thrive in a partially sunny, partially shady setting. While this plant can withstand a lot of sunlight, it is important to note that scorching rays can burn the leaves.
- Money plants can be fertilised once a month while being watered. When applying fertilizers, it's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and apply only the amount specified. Another thing to keep in mind is that fertilisers can only be applied in the evening because they will burn the roots during the day. Fertilizers should be stopped during the winter months. The money plant decoration is a unique way of adding aesthetics to your household.
- The money plant pot size is often determined by the size of the plants. Since the plant may grow and need repotting in the future, it is best to use heavy or large containers. Growth will be limited in small pots as well.
- Many people tend to grow money plants in a bottle of water and hold it by the window, where it gracefully climbs up the window. Money plant care directions will be different in such situations.
10+ Most Amazing Benefits of Money Plant
The 10 most amazing benefits of money plant are as follows:
- Purifies Air
- Brings Positivity
- Relieves Stress
- Fights Radiations
- Works Positively for the Vastu of Home
- Helps Build Strong Relationships
- Attracts Good Fortune
- Attracts Wealth
- Adds Aesthetic to Home Decor
- Improves Physical and Mental Health
Why a money plant is called a money plant?
Money plant gets its name from its round, plump, flat leaves, which, with a little imagination, might be mistaken for coins! This plant is normally kept as a dwarf indoors, but it can also be grown outdoors. It is believed that if it succeeds, one will never run out of money.
Does money plant need sunlight?
Money plant thrives in direct sunlight in the backyard, indoors, and under low light conditions. Money plants thrive in a partially sunny, partially shady setting. While this plant can withstand a lot of sunlight, it is important to note that scorching rays can burn the leaves.
Where to keep money plant at home?
The money plant should be placed in the house or room facing south-east. According to Vastu, Lord Ganesha owns the southeast track, which is the direction of the planet Venus.
How many types of money plant are there?
There are 9 different types of money plants such as:
- Golden Money Plant
- Split Leaf Money Plant
- Marble Queen Money Plant
- Marble Prince Money Plant
- Silver Money Plant
- Swiss Cheese Money Plant
- Big Leaf Money Plant
- Jade Plant
- Neon Money Plant
How to grow a money plant in a bottle?
You'll need the following items to produce your money plant in a bottle:
- A container, such as a jar or a bottle.
- Take a bottle with a big mouth if at all necessary.
- Fertilizer made from tap water/clean and freshwater (as per the need).
Take a clean container and fill it with water if you're using water as a rising medium. While these plants can survive in tap water, it is preferable to use clean, fresh water. If you're using chlorinated water, let it sit for at least 12 hours to allow the chemicals to evaporate. Fill the bottle 3/4 full with this water.
Is money plant a climber?
Money plant is an evergreen climber that can thrive in both soil and water. Climbers are plants with a tender stem that require external support to develop. To climb, these plants make twine or hook from their leaves.