7 Super Easy Fuss-Free Plants that Anyone can Grow Indoors
First, this blog is for lazy people. No offence, but lazy people can love and aspire to grow plants too.
It’s just that they are a bit lazy to follow the care routine for plants and look after them every single day. Second, this blog is for people who are new to gardening. Folks who have newly enticed their gardening hobby can start with plants that are easy to grow and care for. Some plants can survive some neglect and need minimal care. But these plants can yet be attractive and can cheer up your entire room.
Cheerful indoor plants garden
In this blog, we will go through 7 super easy plants to grow at home.
- Jade Plant
- Money Plant
- Spider Plant
- Peace Lily
- Rubber Plant
Cute little Peperomia plant
Peperomia Obtusifolia or simply Peperomia is easy to grow the fuss-free plant, top on our list! Being semi-succulent, this plant needs very minimum attention as succulents store water in the leaves and roots and thus can survive droughts. This is the reason, Peperomia leaves are fleshy, leathery and thick. If you pinch a part of its leaf, you may find a juicy texture. Peperomia is one of the sought after houseplants. Native to the Southern and Central Americas, Peperomia belongs to the Piperaceae family. Varieties of Peperomia are non-poisonous to the pet animals. With such an amazing look, Peperomia can sit on desks, tabletops or even at small corners of the house. Peperomia cleans the air and removes the toxins from the atmosphere.
Peperomia Plant Care Guide:
- Peperomia plants need bright indirect light to grow
- Place the plant near an east-facing window for better lighting arrangement
- Over-watering should be avoided as it leads to root rot, so water only when the upper layer of the soil is dry
- Fertilise the plant each month during the growing season
- Peperomia plants can thrive pretty well in humid or warm climates
- Prune the dead, damaged and dried leaves from time to time
- For propagation, cut the stems or simply use the plant division process
- Peperomia can be placed under fluorescent lights for added effects
- As per ASPCA, this plant is not toxic to cats, dogs and other pet animals
- Peperomia can tolerate neglect to some amount of period
Fuss-free jade plant
Crassula Ovata or Jade plant is another very common and fuss-free plant to grow indoors. The Jade plant is a very popular succulent houseplant that has very thick and fleshy leaves with a glossy appearance. The leaves are oval and this plant is succulent. Belonging to the Crassulaceae family, this plant is native to South Arica. This is a perennial plant suitable for both interior decor and outdoor landscaping.
Jade Plant Care Guide:
- Jade plant needs water sparingly as it stores water in its stems, roots and leaves
- For efficient growth, let the plant thrive under partial shade, full sun and a warm place
- It is a good idea to place the plant close to the window for it to get enough light and warmth
- Let your jade plant get 5-6 hours of sunlight every day
- Use water-soluble fertiliser monthly to promote the plant growth
- Avoid overwatering as it can damage the plant
- Jade plant is toxic to pet animals
Exotic money plant climber
Money Plant is considered a lucky plant. It brings happiness, wealth and prosperity. Money plant is a climbing vine that has beautiful heart-shaped leaves and glossy texture. Money plant is very commonly found in many households. This lucky plant is suitable indoors as well as outdoors. You can also place it in a water container as well as hang it on railings or place it on tabletops, bookshelves and more. Money plant survives in low light and NASA has recommended this plant as one of the best plants as it purifies the air around you.
Money Plant Care Guide:
- Twice a week, water the money plant adequately
- Let the plant get enough indirect or filtered bright light
- If there are yellow leaves, prune or trim them to promote growth
- You can propagate this plant by cutting the stems and potting in another planter
Extraordinary Spider Plant
Spider Lily is one of the easiest plants to grow as a houseplant. The longer green leaves with a yellowish central pattern with arched leaves make it stunning ornamental foliage. A very adapting and low light surviving plant, Spider Plant removes toxins from the air and provides fresh and clean air. Spider plant is believed to eliminate negative vibes and spread positivity in the room.
Spider Plant Care Guide:
- Spider plant doesn’t need direct sunlight. It only requires bright indirect light
- Feed this plant during the summer and spring season to encourage plant growth
- Mist the spider lily to keep it fresh and also keep the mealybugs away
- Soil for the spider plant should be a little bit moist and but not too soggy
- Water this plant once a week or when the soil on the upper surface feels dry
- Ensure that the plant is placed at some warm spot
Eye-catching easy to grow peace lily
A wonderful bloomer, peace lily is one of the simple plants to grow and care for. It has lasting white flowers which are extremely beautiful including the evergreen fresh leaves. Peace Lily produces oxygen and improves indoor humidity. Being a low maintenance plant, this plant blossoms in spring which is an added benefit. Placing peace lily in the bedroom helps to get rid of airborne mould spores which reduce allergic conditions.
Peace Lily Plant Guide:
- Direct sunlight should be avoided at any cost for peace lilies
- Water the plant at least once a week
- With a damp cloth, clean the leaves with insecticidal soap and sprays
- Avoid overwatering and under watering as well
- Do not let the soil get dried out completely
- Keep this plant away from pet animals
Show stealer Calathea
Another easy growing houseplant, Calathea is a tropical plant with ornamental foliage. The leaves are light green with whitish patterned lines on them. Calatheas are friendly with pets. This plant is a stunning interior décor accessory.
Calathea Plant Care Guide:
- Calathea thrives under bright indirect or filtered light
- The soil should be well-aerated and drained for the plant to grow properly
- Feed the plant once a month to promote the growth of Calathea
- Calathea loves humid temperatures
- The leaves of Calathea should be timely cleaned with a damp cloth
- Calathea needs to be watered at least once a week
Low Maintenance Stunning Rubber Plant
Ficus Elastica or Rubber plant is an attractive ornamental foliage plant with leaves structured in a leathery or rubbery texture. The oval-shaped leaves with dark green shades add beauty to the place where it is planted. Belonging to the Moraceae family, the Rubber plant is found in Southeast Asia. For gifting purposes, the rubber plant is a super idea. The rubber plant is one of the simplest plants to grow.
Rubber Plant Care Guide:
- Rubber plant needs bright indirect light to thrive efficiently
- When the topsoil is dry, water the plant generously but do not let it sit in water
- Mist the rubber plant to keep the plant fresh and shiny
- Rubber plants should not be placed near AC vents or heaters
- If you want to propagate this plant, cut the branches and place them in a new planter
- Do not excessively feed the plant as it may damage the plant completely
If you are reading this line, it means you have already made up your mind to purchase any of the 7 Super Easy Fuss-Free plants to grow indoors. Once you start with these low maintenance and easy growing plants there is no going back.
Still, confused? Here are some frequently answered questions that will help you in some way.
Which plants can be grown easily at home?
Many plants can be easily grown indoors. Some of the plants include money plants, spider plants, peace lily, rubber plants, Calathea and many more.
What plant can grow in 2 weeks?
Garden cress, Arugala, pea shoots and some more plants can grow within 2 weeks.
Which plants can be grown easily at home in India?
Many plants can be easily grown indoor in India. Some of the plants include money plants, spider plants, peace lily, rubber plants, Calathea and many more.
Which is the most beautiful plant in India?
Sunflower is regarded as one of the beautiful plants in India.